Result of one of the lazy evenings when I wanted home food but wasn't ready for hardwork. Was expecting some whining from the kiddos ... That didn't happen and The husband relished it. So, thought of saving the recipe for another lazy evening as this.
- Palak : a bunch , leaves picked and washed.
- Onion : 1 chopped
- Garlic : about 4-5 small or 3 big- chopped
- Red chilli powder : about 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
- Garam masala powder : 1/2 tspn
- Salt per taste
- Oil- 2 tblspn
- Mustard seed : 1/2 tspn
- Jeera : 1/2 tspn
- Blanch the palak leaves , cool and coarsely puree them.
- Heat oil in a pan and season with mustard and jeera.
- Add the chopped garlic , fry for a minute and add the onion. Cook until onions turn soft.
- Add the red chilli and Turmeric powder. Stir.
- Add the pureed palak and salt. Bring to a good boil.
- Finally add the garam masala powder, stir and take Off heat.
- Serve with chapati .