- 1 cup Wheat flour(aata)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Ghee( you could add 1 cup if you want it richer)
- 1/2 tspn Cardamom powder
- Dry grapes and cashew for garnishing
- 1Tblspn ghee for frying cashews and grapes
- Heat a heavy bottom pan (kadai) , add the ghee and flour together.
- Fry on medium heat stirring continously until you get a strong aroma and the contents change to a little darker shade.
- At this point, lower the heat and add the milk . Stir the contents immediately ,as they thicken fast after adding milk.
- Now add the sugar and stir until the sugar melts.
- Add the cardamom powder, stir and remove from heat.
- In a seperate pan , heat a tblspn ghee and fry the dry grapes and cashew seperately .Add to the halwa, mix and serve.
Note:1.Be careful when you add the milk , because it splutters for a few seconds .
2.If the sugar granules are very large, you could run it in the mixie to powder it a bit so as to ease the melting.
Prep Time: approx 20 mins