This is one of those recipes which i usually prepare with leftover refrigerated rice.The refrigeration makes the end result very granular.Its not really authentic chinese food,but i love it just the same and it has always been liked by whoever i have served it to.
The best part is you can add what you like so as to enhance it's flavour as per your like.You can put in french cut beans, peas to make it more nutritious. I prefer it this way and it makes a quick and tasty meal.
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice cooked and refrigerated atleast for 2-3 hours.
- 1 cup mushroom sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 4 garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1Tblspn soysauce
- 3Tblspn cooking oil
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
- Heat 1Tblspn of oil in a wide bottom pan or wok. Add the sliced mushroom and fry until tender adding a bit of salt towards the end.
- Move the mushroom to a side in the pan. Add the remaining oil in the center of the pan. Add the chopped ginger and garlic and stir fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the rice,carrots and toss evrything together until it is uniformly hot.
- Now add the seasoning salt, pepper powder and soysauce. Toss well to mix all the ingredients together.Remove from heat and serve.