Methi Paratha is prepared in different ways in different corners of India with ofcourse different names, owing to different states speaking different languages. Too confused?!! Let me keep it simple for you.This recipe is one among the several varieties in Indian bread.It can be had as a snack along with Indian Chai.U could have it with tomato curry, curds, butter or even tomato ketch up.
1: Ingredients for the dough
- 1cup Wheat flour(atta)
- 1/2 cup Bajra flour
- 1 bunch Methi greens
- 1/2 tspn Turmeric powder
- 1tspn Red chilli powder
- 4tspn Sugar
- 1tspn Cumin powder(optional)
- 1tspn Ajwain
- 1Tblspn Peanut oil
- 2tspn paste of green chillies, ginger and garlic
- 3tspn Tomato ketchup(optional)
- Salt to taste
2: Water to make the dough
3: Oil to make the Paratas
- Pluck the Methis leaves from the stem , wash and coarsely chop them .
- Mix all the ingredients along with the chopped methi leaves in a big bowl except water uniformly mix them.
- Now add water in parts and mix the flour.Knead to make a soft dough similar to that of chapati.Cover and leave aside for one hour.
- Make lemon sized balls out of the dough
- Using a rolling pin roll out the balls into flat round parathas dusting some wheat flour .
- Heat a heavy griddle/Tawa .
- Put the paratha on it.Once the parathas get brown patches , flip it over and put some oil around and over it.
- Repeat the same for the other side so that both sides have golden brown patches over them.
- Remove and serve along with your preferred accompaniment .