- Potatoes (large) : 2 peeled and cut into small cubes
- Methi(fenugreek leaves) : 1 big bunch
- Oil :4- 5 tblspns
- green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- garlic :4-5 chopped
- red chilli powder : 1-2 tspn depending on how much you can handle.
- turmeric powder :1/4 tspn
- salt to taste
- Pick the leaves of Methi , wash and chop them up .Keep aside.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes and keep soaked in water.
- In a pan, heat the oil. Keeping the heat at low ,add the chopped garlic and fry for a minute.
- Once the garlic turns light brown, make sure the oil is not too hot and add the red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Follow this by chopped Methi and Potato cubes.
- Stir fry this on medium heat until all the water from the methi has dried up. That is the vegetables are about 3/4th cooked.
- At this stage add the salt and continue to stir fry until the vegetables are completely cooked.Serve hot with rotis/chapati .
The trick here is to not close the lid on the pan while it cooks.Yummmmyyy!!!