Long hiatus from blogging owing to a very nomadic experience on the family front . Back to blogging and happy to be back. Let me start, rather restart with one simple desert recipe, the source of which I am unaware of . Passed on from friends I guess. This particular recipe has no fixed measurements. Avocado, the key ingredient here is very similar to the butter fruit we get in Bangalore. The juice centres(especially the ubiquitous Ganesh fruit stalls :)) in Bangalore make a soothing milk shake out of the butter fruits. Yummmm....
The recipe I give below has a strong Avocado taste ,( well, because its an Avocado desert , dummy) and I feel only people who love this fruit will like this desert . Wow!!! i talk sense :D .
The chopped strawberries really add a great crunchy taste to this.
- Avocado: 2
- Strawberries: 8 chopped
- Condensed milk: just enough to give the sweetness.(i used about half a can)
- Heavy cream: just enough to give a mousse consistency.
- Take the pulp out of the Avocado fruit to a blender.
- Add the condensed milk and heavy cream and run the blender.Add the condensed milk and heavy cream in batches so as to get the right consistency and sweetness. I feel the sweetness requirement really varies . For my atrocious sweet tooth , the more, the better :).
- Take the mixture out of the blender into a bowl.
- To this add chopped strawberries. Mix well and chill in the freezer for not more than 30 Min's.
- Serve in individual cups. Enjoy