Egg is one thing that can be used for preparing any part of the meal, be it starters, main dish or desert and in so many zillion ways too. This egg curry is one among them which goes really well with chapati.
- 5 eggs
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tblspn freshly prepared ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tspn red chilli powder
- 4 tblspn Oil
- 1 tblspn chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onions and green chillies and fry until they are tender and cooked.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and stir for 2 mins.
- Then add the tomatoes and cook.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, add red chilli powder and stir .
- Add a few tblspns of water to the gravy and gently shake the pan so that the gravy spreads evenly across the pan.Do not add much water.
- Now reduce the heat to the lowest possibe.
- Break eggs one by one, each at different places across the pan.Cover the lid and cook till the eggs are done.DO NOT stir at all after you add the eggs.It may take awhile for the eggs to completely cook.Have patience:)
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Once cooked you will notice that the dish thus prepared is very appetizing, with the top layer hard with the boiled eggs and the layer below is the soft gravy.You can actually cut it with the serving spoon so as to include the egg and the gravy below while serving into plates.
Tip:Make sure that the onions, tomato and green chillies are very finely chopped.