Why egg burji??! Believe me, the egg being grated in this recipe brings a totally different texture to our regular Egg Burji. If some of you have already heard and done it like this before, this one is not for you. I am posting this for those like me who had never heard about egg being grated before.When i tried it, It tasted more or less the same as the regular egg burji but the look and texture was so different. really appealing! Isn't it nice to try the same thing in different ways sometimes just to break the monotony?!
- 2 large Onions finely chopped
- 1 tblspn ginger grated fine
- 4-5 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tspn Red chilli powder(optional)
- 3-4 Eggs hardboiled with shell removed
- 3-4 Tblspns Oil
- 1/2 tspn garam masala
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.Add the onion and green chillies and fry until it is transclucent.
- Now add the ginger and stir well for a minute or so.
- Now add the red chilli powder,garam masala and salt and stir.
- Lower the heat.
- Using a grater, Grate the hard boiled egg into the pan.
- Stir to mix all the ingredients well.
- Serve with an optional garnishing of chopped coriander.
Note: My idea is that you can use any base to suite your taste and then grate in the boiled egg.